Hello and welcome to another episode of webapp.io (formerly LayerCI) engineering talks.
Watch the full recording on-demand below:
2:10 for speaker intros what they're each building
5:50 for Topic 1 Technical debt discussion
22:42 for Topic 2 What is a good developer - hiring, what to look for
51:18 question from audience: What are the key qualities of a software team lead?
57:59 question from audience: How do you determine product vision?
1:02 for Topic 3 final thoughts on being a good engineering leader
About this event: This engineering meetup was all about being a “good developer” specific to the type of engineering organization you’re contributing to (startups, growth stage, enterprise). We got to hear from the following people:
1. Ahmad Nassri - Co-founder of Cor.dev, a software development company and ex-CTO of npm
2. Kyle Campbell - CEO and founder of CTO.ai, a serverless, low code DevOps platform made to be "easy to use like Heroku, powerful like Kubernetes"
3. Sanket Saurav - Co-founder of DeepSource, a static analysis platform for developers
4. Colin Chartier - CEO and co-founder of LayerCI, a DevOps platform that creates cloud-based staging servers that act like and replace CI
1. Technical debt - what are some common mistakes developer teams make at each level of development? (startups, growth stage, enterprise)
2. Hiring great developers - where do you hire, who do you hire? How do you retain good engineers? How do you know someone's ready to be a software team lead?
3. Being a good engineering leader, some key takeaways.